Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A happy 37th bday and Valentine's!

I was recently reminded that I married a thoughtful, romantic man. (Yes, this is Marea typing.) Here's why:
2 weekends before my birthday, he took me on a "mystery date," as a "pre-birthday celebration." We had 5 hours+ of pampering with hairwashes, body massages and (met friends for) footrubs, then went with some friends to a tapenyaki (sp?) place for dinner. Sweet.

On Valentine's Day, other clueless wives/friends showed up with their husbands at our place at 3pm. We were given the first "clue" (a typed note rolled up and tied with red ribbon), which told us to sit on the deck and enjoy our chocolates, cheeses and crackers, and bottle of wine. Next, we were sent off to enjoy a footrub. The receptionist had the next clue, which sent us to the hairwash (we cannot get enough of the cheap massages, in case you didn't notice). We actually deviated from the plan, though, because 2 of us "just washed my hair!" and went to the local Irish pub for a brew instead. As dinnertime rolled around, here come our dashing, romantic husbands, each carrying a red rose for his wife. We ended the night laughing and eating and toasting each other with our spouses and good friends. Memorable.
If you aren't disgusted/envious enough already, for my BIRTHDAY, we went to Hong Kong to visit our friends, Sarah and Justin Walker, and their new baby girl, Taelyn Mackay, who had just been born in the hospital (she was only 1 hour old when we got there!). Then, Robb told me I had a set amount to spend at the jade market!! I got 7 new necklaces, 3 bracelets, and 2 chopstick sets, and had enough left over for dinner at my favorite restaurant--Ebeneezer's. Generous. So, this 38th year of my life is off to a great start, and I thank God for the many blessings He has given me.


5 comments:

Di (not Dee) said...

Pass the syrup, sista!!! And one of those jade bracelets, while you're at it. Congrats, HB, and miss you! -Di

The Boumas said...

Yeah, yeah, I know--super, sweet sap. But, it's sooo truuuue. I could talk about it allll day long....

Anonymous said...

WOW! what a day, you so deserve it. Us mom's never take time for ourselves. You are so lucky to have a husband who realizes that. Take care

Theo B. said...

sounds like fun... i wish megan would give me a nice massage. miss u!

Di (not Dee) said...

Oh, yeah, it's no criticism, acknowledging the super sap. Sap is good. Brownie points for Robb.

About Me

Shekou, China
As a family, we have decided to venture overseas in order to experience new cultures, travel God's beautiful world, and create some amazing family memories. We hope you enjoy our thoughts and pictures!